Wednesday, August 13, 2014

PinTrusted or PinBusted ~ Skinny Shake Tastes Like Wendy's Frosty

Hey Y'all!!!
I'm switchin' gears.  The last 2 PinTrusted or PinBusted post were about cleaners.  But today I wanted to share with y'all this pin that has made it's way around many blogs.

The post claims that it tastes just like a "Wendy's Frosty".  And the comments for the most part have been good!

Recipe is:

Ingredients:
3/4 cup of Almond Milk
About 15 Ice Cubes
1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla
1 to 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
1/3 Banana

Directions:
Mix
Enjoy!!!











Now I was so excited to find this.  Because I'm trying to lose weight and My Hubby is diabetic. And he loves his chocolate!!  So this was right up our alley!  And I just happened to have all the stuff to make one!

I go in the kitchen...get out the blender....and mix one of these yummy delicious "Wendy's Frosty's" up!!!
I pour it into a glass....stick in a cute little striped straw....give it to Bill (My Hubby), and waited to watch the delight come across his face.  Only the look wasn't delight it was "What the heck it this????"  "I though you said you were making me a Wendy's Frosty?????"

I took it and took a sip myself and couldn't even swallow it!  It had absolutely no flavor.  It was like bitter icy nothingness!

So I went back to the recipe thinking and hoping that I had made a mistake and left out the key ingredient. But to my disappointment I had not!!! I thought maybe they meant Chocolate Milk Powdered Mix instead of Cocoa Powder. But that wouldn't make it Skinny?! I thought I know the difference but maybe they didn't. But NO!  Every blog that I visited listed this same recipe.  Some even made sure you knew that it wasn't the Chocolate Milk Powdered Mix by listing it as UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER!

Yep!  I read and made it just like it was suppose to be made.

Now I'm sorry but I have to give this pin a PinBusted!!!!

I'm not sure what all these people were talking about.  But if they had tasted the one I made....I'm just sayin' it WAS NOT A WENDY'S FROSTY TASTE ALIKE!!!

Have you made this one?  What are your thoughts on it????

Until next week keep on pinnin' and I'll keep testin'

Encouragement For The Soul ~ In the emergencies of life...God is always on call!

Blessings ♥ Betsy

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.
I really love hearing from you!