Monday, September 30, 2013

Who Knew!

How many of you are like me and use bleach as your
GO TO for sanitizing and disinfecting?
I KNOW!  It kills just about everything it comes into contact with! And I just love the clean smell it leaves behind. Don't You?
Everyone know when they smell bleach it has to be clean! Right?

Well I found this article the other day that says YES  but  NO!  NO?  That's right NO
 If you're like me, I will mix the proper amount 3/4 teaspoon to a 32 oz. spray bottle and just start cleaning and that's just fine!  
The part I didn't know was that once you are done DO NOT JUST PUT IT UNDER THE SINK!
Why? you ask?  Well I'll tell you why!  It only has the killing power for 24 HOURS!  
That's right!  Just 24 hours and then it's just bleachy smelling water. The sanitizing and disinfecting power diminishes as the hours tick away!

So the next time you want to disinfect mix up only
in small batches...1/4 teaspoon to 1 cup of water. I know bleach is the least expensive sanitizing and disinfecting solution there is but why would you want to waste even a little bit of it or your $$.

Just thought you might want to know!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.
I really love hearing from you!