Saturday, May 24, 2014

Saturday's Beauty Before Age ~ 5 Thing In Fashion To Remember As We Mature

All my life I have tried to not really think about my age. However my 2 "princesses" are fairly quick to remind me in jest and love. I think they forget that they too are aging.  (wink wink)  My "prince" on the other hands tells me "Age is but a number Mom". I like his way of thinkin'!

But that's okay! Aging is certainly better than the alternative! isn't it?!

So I thought that today I would share with you a few Do's and Don't for us in the fashion department for the Summer. So sit back with your favorite cup of coffee and enjoy!




{Spanx.com}

# 1. What's under your clothes?
What makes you feel good about the way you look in your clothes? Your undergarments!That's right your bra!
Your Spanks! Your Stretchy Tanks! Your All in One Shapers!  
Having said that, did you know that they too have a shelf life? So don't wait until they are getting to the point where you are thinking; "Gee I sure hope I'm not in a car wreck and have to go to the hospital!"  I can just hear my Momma say that one to me! Can't you? So remember you really need to replace them yearly!





# 2. Wear Black but limit the amount! 
 Only Pearl Cluster Necklace
{From Only Pearl}
A new trend this Spring is Black and White together. And since most of us already have black and white items in our closets it won't take a big bank roll to pull this one off. The biggie is black goes better on the 
bottom. That's not to say do not wear a black top.  What I'm saying is be sure you have some other color up next to your face along with the black top.  The reason is, black will always cause you to look "washed out"! So wear a scarf or necklace like a chunky colorful one.






{Simplicity Patterns}



# 3. Embrace the Peplum
This is a wonderful style for all of us who would love to have a more curvaceous shape. It is also a must have for the Hourglass Shape. The Peplum is also great to camouflage a tummy pooch. The Peplum that fits good helps you look smart and stylish. 







{Modoration.com}

# 4. Wear Florals just be careful
Floral can be a great addition to any wardrobe.  Just go easy. Like the old saying....less is more! Use them for accents not the whole outfit. Bold blues are great for any skin tone and age.









{Diane Bon Furstenberg @ Farfetch.com}



# 5. Your right to bare arms!
Yes that's right! Showing your bare arms is in. Now unfortunately there along with our hands and neck is one of the first places aging starts to rear its ugly face! So if you aren't comfortable going sleeveless then a cap sleeve or short sleeve will do. But let those beautiful arms be see!





I know there are tons of others I haven't mentioned .  What's some you can think of? Please leave a comment below, because I would love to hear what some of your beauty tips, do's & don'ts are. 

Now its time for some "Beauty for the Spirit"
"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you , that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody."    1 Thessalonians 4:11&12

Blessing ❤
Betsy

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.
I really love hearing from you!