Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Sneak Peek Of My Bathroom ~She's A Work In Progress ~

Hey Y'all!

I wanted to give you a sneak peek at what's been going on in my home.

I came home after the last day of school last year, 2013, and got as the Hubby calls it...."a wild hair" that I needed to make a change in my bathroom.
Now mind you I have a really small  "VERY TINY" bathroom. It measures 7' x 5' all inclusive. Total floor space you can walk on is 3.33' x 4.75'.  Yes that is  correct!!!  TINY!!!!!


Left Side
Right Side







 So tiny that to get in there and take pictures is really kinda hard! 
Center


See I told you she was tiny!!!

So when I got home that day I decided I was going to get started and I did......
~
Now if you look really close to the right you can see the border has been 
trying to come down on its own for sometime. 
No one ever told me the bathroom wasn't really the room to do wallpaper in.  Oh well!
Hey it lasted for 13 years.  So I'm not complaining. It was absolutely time for a makeover.


  

 Here I started taking the "chair railing" down.  Like my mini wonder bar.  Don't laugh!  It did the trick! 



 I was amazed at how much dust gets behind something stuck tight to the wall.  
Next was the electric plate cover.  




Paper coming down!




 I have seen so many posts on blogs and on Pinterest wanting to know how to get the wallpaper down. What tools to use and such.  I'm not sure what the issue is?  They make this tool that perforates the wallpaper and it makes it come down in small pieces.  WHY? Would you use one of those.  I simply took and pulled the edge and just started pulling!  






And it's down. 



Most wallpaper is going to come down in 2 layers.  You have the pretty side and the paper side. I got the "pretty" part down and I will have to come back later and do the next step of taking layer # two down.   Maybe that's what people are trying to avoid. The 2 step process .. But trust me they were both a breeze.  Now I say that.  And it really was.  It's just....it took me another year to fully commit to the hows of the second step.  I know.....another whole year?.....REALLY????

You see shortly after I got the first step done we (the Hubby and me) took what was to be a wonderful vacation with Princess # 2 and her family.  We were heading to the coast, the Gulf of Mexico, for a relaxing and lazy dazy time.  Only the Hubby got sick, which is a long story in itself. And we were at the hospital our entire vacation.  When we finally got back home our lives were changed and the bathroom just wasn't as much of a priority as it had been before.......TO BE CONTINUED!!!!! 
Check back next Tuesday and I will show what "she" looks like now!!!!

Here's a little sneak peek.......


Do you have any special projects you're working on?  I would love to hear about them!

Encouragement For The Soul ~ Life is a journey that begins and ends with God.

Blessings ♥
Betsy 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.
I really love hearing from you!