Saturday, May 3, 2014

Saturday's Beauty Before Age

Good Morning!!
I hope everyone's week went very well!

Today I want to share a little secret with you! And it's just in time for Mother's Day too.
A few years ago I had my own small Bath and Toiletries business.
I made everything from scratch and all natural.
So what I'm going to share with you today is how to make your own Exfoliating Facial Scrub.
It is really super easy and I bet you already have most if not all the ingredients in your pantry.
So let's get started....

  • First you need to have everything super clean where you are going to make your Exfoliating Facial Scrub.Why? Because you do not want any bacteria to get in and ruin all your hard work. Plus it wouldn't be something very appealing to put on your face if it had furry stuff floating inside of it, now would it?


  • Next find your containers.  Mason Jars work great for this. 
You know the wide mouth 1/2 pint squatty kind. Or if you have a wide mouth jar called a Swing Top Bale Jar like this, they really work great.
  • Now for the goodies to put inside these cute little jars.


Vanilla Brown Sugar Facial Scrub

Ingredients:


  • 2 cup Brown Sugar
  • 1 cup Fine Granular White Sugar*
  • 1/2 cup Olive Oil 
  • 1/2 cup Sunflower Oil
  • 1 T. Vanilla Extract


Directions:

  • In a mixing bowl blend the 2 Sugars
  • Add Vanilla Extract and Oils
  • Mix together until well blended
  • Scoop into the jars
*If you would like to turn this into a body or foot scrub it's easy peasy!  Just add 1 cup of  Turbinado Raw Sugar in place of the Fine White Sugar.  It has a MUCH coarser texture and will exfoliate all that dead skin away.  Leaving you will super soft skin and feet!  

Today when I made my scrub I had to get a little adventuresome.  I was out of Sunflower Oil and almost out of Olive Oil soooooo I looked in the fridge and saw that I still had some Apricot Kernel Oil.  So I opted to use that!  In reality you can use what ever oil you choose, however, having said that I wouldn't use Canola Oil, Vegetable Oil or really any oil that is going to go rancid too quickly or that has an offensive odor to it in itself.  
Also instead of using the Vanilla Extract I opted for Lemon Extract.  It smelled so good and I can just imagine how refreshing it is going to make my skin feel.  All this said just use this recipe as a basic root and let your imagination run WiLd!!!  Enjoy!



Now wouldn't this make a lovely gift for Mom?
Do you have any beauty products you make yourself?


Now is time for Beauty for the Spirit:
I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ.   Philemon 1:6

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.
I really love hearing from you!